Re: Frozen food formulas

Richard,

I have a quick question about home made foods.

I have found some things just inhibit the solidification of gelatin.  I have a
mix of baby peas, carrots, spirulina, and vitamins that I use as a base food
for my breeding colony of Pickoltia.  I tried adding some freeze dried krill
or freeze dried brine shrimp to this and the gelatin stopped gelling.  My guess
is that some enzyme in these things is breaking down the gelatin proteins
before they can gel.

Have you seen this with any of the Wattley's or Konings' prepared formulas?

All comments welcome.
john

E-Mail: John N. Alegre <listhub@libros.andante.mn.org>
Date: 04-Mar-01