Re: Frozen food formulas

hi,
the mix i prepare for my fish contains green peas or green beans, spinach
(veges are fresh that i boil, not from cans) , spirulina, vitaminic complex,
shrimp (fresh), white fish flesh, chicken and gelatine. I was using in the
past beef instead of chicken and that's right that my discus and dwarf
cichlids seem to grow faster. Nevertheless they were building up a lot of
fat as well which would make them be bigger but whcih is i think harmful
i.e. going around their heart, reproductive organs....
I like to prepare their food myself but at some point i wonder if it is as
good in terms of composition (quality and quantity) as the "specialized"
food that you can buy which is "elaborated" scientifically  and specifically
for each variety. Then we have also the issue of much time has past between
the fabrication of those products and the time when you feed your fish!
Freshness is an issue.
What is sure is that my fish are by far more exited by what i prepare then
by what i buy (exception of live food!)

Any output?

                        FLI USA

Yvan Alleau
712 Kings boulevard
97330 Corvallis, Oregon
home # 738-0606
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
office (Burt 222) # 737-3649, to be used wisely !
yalleau@oce.orst.edu

"When you're far from everything, you're getting closer to the essential"