Re: another catastrophe type question OT

Jacques,

The hoof & mouth virus has appeared in North America over the past 200 years, but it
has been decades since the last outbreak, thank Goodness. Like most viri, be they
plant, animal, or human, they will spread more quickly now that we have faster
transportation. The West Nile Fever virus has spread throughout the northeastern US,
and Canada recently had what was thought to be the first case of Ebola virus.
Fortunately it was not and fortunately Canada had prepared for this problem.

Mike Wise