Re: Triple Red?

Eric,

Your definition of Triple Red Cacatuoides is the same as mine. You have to
realize, however, that Double Reds and Triple Reds come from the same source
stock. Triple Reds are merely the super colorful forms that are produced by
Double Reds. Neither strain is completely "set". Because of this, a pair of
Double Reds will produce a few Triple Reds and visa versa. Your dealer bought
them as Double Reds and is selling them as Double Reds. If you pull out the
Triple Reds you get a bonus for being a knowledgeable aquarist. Of course the
same thing can happen with Triple Reds. Not all will be true Triple Reds even
though their parents were. If you aren't careful, you lose.

Mike Wise