Re: Acclimating to "normal" water conditions

Francine,

I don't consider anything liquid with a pH 8.5 water; that's more like liquid
cement! If your water has an equally high carbonate hardness (alkalinity) then I
would definitely mix the tap water with softer water. Some apistos will handle
living in your tap water, but I doubt that blackwater species will.

BTW the elizabethae Içana male is now over 3" SL with lots of red on the body.
Let me know when you want him.

Mike Wise