Re: clamped fins

Eric,

I'm afraid that this doesn't sound like a behavior response. Males will often clamp
their fins when enticing a female to a preferred spawning cave, but females don't. You
didn't mention nitrates. If they are high they might bother her. But I would expect the
other fish to show effects, too. If she were my fish, I would change 50% of the water
every day for a week and keep a close eye on her for parasites.

Mike Wise