Re: fish rooms

Brian,
I would consider a 24 inch base (a 15 gallon) as the smallest size in
which an Apistogramma will remain interesting to watch. You can keep a
single pair or maybe a trio in one.
If you go for the end-out approach, you'll get a lot of tanks on a wall.
I started my fishroom that way, but broke it down and put the tanks with
the 24-inch face out. With the narrow end out, you're set for a
commercial operation, but you can't observe your fish.
I get eight tanks on an eight foot wall (2 tiers) where I guess I could
have sixteen or more 'end-out' tanks. However, the tanks are planted,
and have a few dithers too. I have some 10 gallon tanks, and they are
great for killies...
-Gary