Re: Acclimating to "normal" water conditions

Francine,

Your water is very strange. High pH water usually has a high carbonate hardness.
Is your dH total hardness (dGH) or carbonate hardness (dKH)? Either way you
should be able to acidify your moderately soft water by adding a few drops of
Hydrochloric Acid to a vat of change water first. I use muriatic acid, which is
an industrial grade HCl. If all else fails, your water would work exceptionally
well for rainbowfish from New Guinea.

Mike Wise