RE: Medications and peat moss..

Thanks, Al, for the info, I intend to build your version soon.

Can't remember where I read it, but someone had posted to a list that they
had taken a spent cartridge from a "Tapwater Purifier" (deionizing filter),
emptied the exchange resin, refilled with peat (pellets or fiber) and
installed it in a Tapwater Purifier unit (top and base cap) and that it
worked well. I have two used cartridges that I plan to retrofit in this way
this weekend, one with Fluval peat pellets (expensive alternative) and one
with loose peat. I will attach one in-line in an extra Tapwater Purifier
unit I already have following the deionizing Tapwater Purifier and should
have a simple method of producing almost ready to use water. Almost...in
that I also manually add Seachem Equillibrium. I like this low tech, low
cost approach since I was just going to toss out the cartridges anyway. I'll
let you know how it works.

Ray

Ray McCaleb ray_mccaleb@oit.peachnet.edu
GeorgiaFIRST Project Services
Board of Regents of the Univ. Sys. of GA
OIIT/EAS/CS
1865 W. Broad Street
Athens, GA 30606
http://www.usg.edu