Re: "True" Altums - OT

From: Randy Carey
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 10:28 PM
Subject: Re:

> I know that an angelfish species that resembles the
> true altum has been bred with some regularity.  When
> I told a couple of "authorities" about Rich's spawn of an
> altum, they were skeptical that he had spawned the true
> altum -- until they saw the photo.
>
> So from what I hear, a spawning of the true altum is
> still a rare occurence.  But I'm not in a position to argue it.

Altum, leopoldi and scalare...

Where does the "false" altum fit into the Pterophyllum genus?

Also, could you ask your friend if he's willing to compare notes via e-mail?
My techniques are outlined on Erik Leung's e-quaria.com, and I'd provide the
specific link if I could get through to the server this morning.

And since this is the Apisto List, if the two of you _are_ willing to trade
notes, then contact me off-list to continue.

As I am having to rebuild everything from the ground up here ("Great balls
o' fire...isn't that _my_ house the fire company's working on?"), I thought
to end my five year "drought" and get back into Altums again. But because of
this "rebuild", my on-line time is a little spotty. I'm glad I got the
chance to read things today...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10@mindspring.com