Re: weird behaviour dept.

Wow! John,

It reminds me of my dog. We picked him up off the sidewalk only a few minutes
after he was born. He's never been around dogs. He's only lived with 5 humans
and a cat all his life. When we rub his tummy he gives out a long low growl. I
guess that's the closest he can come to purring (poor confused mutt).

I don't know of any reports on cross species behavior mimicry in fish. You might
want to address this to Cichlid-L. The real pros might know more.

Mike Wise