Re: Conductivity

Tomoko,

Staeck wrote a paper on A. borellii and all of the collecting localities that
he sampled throughout its range. He shows a table of water values that range
from pH 5.5/<10µS/cm to pH 7.9/150µS/cm. These values are for basically the
same location (São Borja, Brazil & Santo Tomé, Argentina in the Rio
Uruguai/Uruguay drainage). Both the high and low pH/µS values were taken
during the winter (July), only 2 years apart. Most of the more northern
sampling sites on the upper Paraguai/Paraguay had values between pH 6.9 & 7.3
and a conductivity ranging from 15 - 100µS/cm (most <60µS/cm). I would
imagine that slightly acid water with a conductivity around 100µS will do
just fine.

Mike Wise