From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Dave Gomberg
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 6:51 PM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: Ph meters and kits

Gee, there are dozens of pH indicator reagents.

Bromthymol blue is good from 6.0 to about 7.4
Actually Hach suggests using it down to 5.5 with their color disc.
 From 3.0-5.0 use 2,4 Dinitrophenol
 From 5.2-6.8 use Bromcresol purple
 From 5.5-7.5 use Bromthymol blue

These kits are over $50 each for the wheel, but the cost per test is very
cheap.

Or just forget the whole thing and use a digital.   About $100 down and $50
per year.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco       gomberg at wcf dot com
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam