Re: Considering these apistos and I'm New!

~Lianne~ wrote:

> >From what I've read, the nijisnni are the smallest, and obviously in a
> ten gal that is a concern of mine.  Will any of these fish be able to
> live in this size tank?  I'd ideally like to get a male and two females,
> hopefully I'll get a pair out of those(but some are harem spawners,
> right?). Any suggestions or comments?  thanks!

Lianne,
Given your very small tank (for apistos), the only one I'd expect to
work out would be borelli. It's a lot harder to keep apistos in a tank
that size than in larger quarters, so for someone starting out, it's not
the best idea.
If you can maintain your water quality, borelli is small, pretty and
adaptable. You could probably get away with a pair in the ten, with the
corys and nothing else.
Njisseni is twice the bulk of a borelli.
-Gary