From: Max Gallade [mailto:mgallade@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 9:19 AM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: Black face

Gabriella,
You're right about Bloodworms being Midge larvae.The problem is their hard
outer shell which is tough to digest for young Discus and DC's.
DC's seem to over indulge on Bloodworms and their intestinal track could get

blocked by the Bloodworms.I had this happen to some of my  rarest fish.The
fish's stomach starts to bloat.Then the fish stops eating and eventually
dies. I have not had this problem since I stopped feeding Bloodworms.
I'm not saying feeding Bloodworms is wrong.I'm just sharing my experience
that I had so far with them.
I also used to feed a lot of Blackworms but started to get bad allergic
reactions just having them around.I never had a problem with them other then

allergies.
Just my zwei Pfennige
Max
http://clix.to/Apisto