Re: Dwarf biotope

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned two wonderful books:

Goulding, Michael.  1980.  The Fishes and the forest: Explorations in Amazonian
Natural History.  U. Cal. Press, Los Angeles & London.  280 p.

and especially

Goulding, M., M. Leal Carvalho, & E. G. Ferreira.  1988.  Rio Negro: Rich Life
in Poor Water.  SPB Academic Pub., The Hague.  200 p. This is an exceptional
book on Rio Negro biotopes and the fish and other life in them.

Mike Wise