Re: worms

Bonny;
     Cammallanus worms were a hot topic a while back. I noted
this page:
http://www.thekrib.com/Diseases/nematodes.html#11
The general opinion seemed to be that Levamisole was the best
treatment.
Piperazine SEEMED to work in some cases from what I've seen,
though  others have been less enthusiastic about it's
effectiveness (I think you need to keep the treatment up for a
considerable period of time and possibly retreat after a month
or so).
     I recently tried Fluke Tabs® on a case with disappointing
results.
     The idea that the worms REQUIRE an intermediate host or
that the likely source of infection would be a crustacean does
not seem to hold true for infections in the aquarium and
transmission from fish to fish through ingestion seems to be
the most common mode (but only in my opinion).