RE: Dwarf biotope

>I'm surprised that no one has mentioned two wonderful >books:
>Goulding, Michael.  1980.  The Fishes and the forest:

>Goulding, M., M. Leal Carvalho, & E. G. Ferreira.      >1988.  Rio Negro:
Rich Life in Poor Water.

Both these can be pretty difficult to purchase, but inter-library loans are
ususally successful in obtaining them.
To these I would add "Fish Communities in Tropcal Freshwaters" by R.H.
Lowe-McConnell published by Longman in 1975, and "Ecological studies in
Tropical Fish Communities" by the same author. This latter one is available
from Cambridge University Press.
Pete.