Re: do fish "yawn"?

hi rick,
well, knowing that you have 2 tanks i would consider that over in
desinfecting them and doing them again. Meanwhile, maybe you can keep your
fish in a tank without substrate sothat you're not providing hosts to
whatever cause your fish to die in the case that they have a "larva or egg
stage". Then, if the story still goes on, think about treating your fish
with medication. Couldn't the fact that you describe your fish as gasping be
due to worms or other parasites on their gills?
But the only sure way, knowing that you have a high mortality percentage, is
saddly to kill all of them and start on new basis. Sorry, but sometime it is
necessary.
hope that helps.
good luck
                        FLI USA

Yvan Alleau
712 Kings boulevard
97330 Corvallis, Oregon
home # 738-0606
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
office (Burt 222) # 737-3649, to be used wisely !
yalleau@oce.orst.edu

"When you're far from everything, you're getting closer to the essential"

> I have a planted tank 55 gallon and a 20 that has a few plants in it but
Friday
> is the SFAS meeting .
>
> Yvan Alleau wrote:
>
> > hi rick,
> > do you have the problem in all your tanks? how are they (ie planted,
> > nude...)?
> >
> >                         FLI USA
> >
> > Yvan Alleau
> > 712 Kings boulevard
> > 97330 Corvallis, Oregon
> > home # 738-0606
> > College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
> > Oregon State University
> > office (Burt 222) # 737-3649, to be used wisely !
> > yalleau@oce.orst.edu
> >
> > "When you're far from everything, you're getting closer to the
essential"

Archives"!