Re: Apisto tank?

Hi Mike,
Thank you very much for your reply. I feel so welcomed in this mailing list.

>(You do not say how hard the water is.)
Well, to be honest, I don't really understand about water chemistry. I only
know that low pH means water is acidic, but do not what it relates to dH or
kH. I think I must check this out at the krib. :-) I will also go to buy a
dH and kH test. The only avaiable tests are Azoo's.

Is A. cacatuoides a right species to start with? I learn that there are
many coloration (morphes?)in each apisto's species, which one should I go
for? How different between wild-caught and tank-bred? Should I tell my
friend to get the wild-caught ones or tank-bred is ok? I just cannot wait
til they come!

Thanks a lot for your great help.
Arthit