RE: netting fish woes

In the middle of the night use a flashlight to locate fish.  Actually if you
keep track, most cichlids pretty much sleep in the same areas of the tank.  You
can actually even turn on the main lights for 20 or 30 seconds, locate the
fish you want, and turn em back off.  Once you know where they are, netting is
easy.  Only problem is if you plan to net 10 fish, after the commotion of
grabbing a couple, you have to start over with the lights off for about an hour.

This is a "Enjoying Cichlids" tip that I have used many times.  Thanks Ad.

Good Luck
john

E-Mail: John N. Alegre <listhub@libros.andante.mn.org>
Date: 06-Apr-01