From: Frauley Elson <fraulels@videotron.ca>
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: Apistogramma galaxis
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:39:02 -0400

Bailin,
Just to add a bit - this becomes a slightly 'complex' question, really.
I've seen at least three "galaxis", all very similar and all Peruvian. I
have a lightly coloured, pale blue form, still a nice fish but lacking
the intense blues and reds of the other forms, that has successfully
spawned in my tapwater (pH 7.4, 140 ppm), where another form I have
spawns endlessly but won't hatch unless I go for soft water, as Mike
suggested.
-Gary Elson

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. Search http://www.digital.com for "Apistogramma Mailing List Archives"!