Re: Apistogramma galaxis

Bailin,
Just to add a bit - this becomes a slightly 'complex' question, really.
I've seen at least three "galaxis", all very similar and all Peruvian. I
have a lightly coloured, pale blue form, still a nice fish but lacking
the intense blues and reds of the other forms, that has successfully
spawned in my tapwater (pH 7.4, 140 ppm), where another form I have
spawns endlessly but won't hatch unless I go for soft water, as Mike
suggested.
-Gary Elson