Re: Apistogramma galaxis

Bailin Shaw wrote:

> Thanks Mike and Gary,
>
> Do you know of any sites that might have a picture of the various forms of
> Apisto galaxis?

I don't know of any with them. Julio Melgar's site has some (Papagai & Morado).
Also look for A. sp. Pebas & Dolly. All are closely related forms.

> I'd like to bring the picture in to make certain that these
> are actually what the seller says they are.  The person who runs the fish
> room is fairly knowledgeable and usually has some sort of interesting fish.

Even I have problems with all of the new regani-group species coming in from
Peru. I doubt that most dealers are experienced enough to ID all of these forms.
They sell them under the name they come in with.

> How large do the galaxis get?

2¾ - 3" (7 - 7.5 cm)