Re: Newbie....think I made a mess....fish just don't know it yet....

I have one clown loach in my community tank along with a trio of those Lazer Blues the list has been talking about with no problems.  However they do have these sharp needle like things around their eyes.  They can do some damage.  And they do grow very large.  Sometimes I hear something clicking on the auqarium glass and when I go to look it is the clown loach digging in the gravel.  Pretty cool.  Don't worry, you'll weather all these problems and you'll come through it with some excellant experience and knowledge that will serve you well in the years ahead.  I made the same mistakes as you, and like you I asked for advice and learned a lot.  Above all, don't get discouraged.  This is a tremendous hobby that has brought me lots of pleasure.  Regards,
Dave
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: Newbie....think I made a mess....fish just don't know it yet....

Thanks again Rich,
and yeah I've gotten alot of great advice here. I also would like to say I
don't believe in chem's too but, when you just don't know what to do and
don't think you can muster up the energy to do it you look for a quick fix. I
hope this experience will cure me of this mess I made. I did spend a large
portion of my day changing 70% of my water and re-doing my tank today after
trying to save the angel who was sick and later died. I isolated the Angel
when I was sure she was sick (in a 10gal) and went about trying to figure out
what I would need. When I finally got it she was already dead. The severums
are definitily going to find their own tank but, I was surprised to know the
clown loaches wouldn't get along with the apistoes. Well anyhow Thanks a
whole lot for your quick response and help....you and everybody else.
                                                        JerryB