Can't say THIS has happened before now

Anyone here care to find out what happens to a tank when a lighted Mercury
Vapor falls into it?

Well, this one didn't short, for one thing  :-)

Can't say much for the longevity of the lamp envelope under these
conditions, though.  :-}

As to the rest, I'll let you know in the morning - gotta wait at least that
long. So far, after two consecutive 90% changes (including thorough
"sweeping"), the only things that have definitely shown the effects of
swimming for God knows how long in a cloud of glass dust and mercury
compounds are the C. japonica. It's not hard to discern their dislike for
the environment, either, but I can't do anything for 'em now but a good
Christian burial  :-|

Apparently, some gorilla torqued the head almost completely off one of the
reflector's mounting bolts - at least, it sure _looks_ like a twist shear. I
get to come home at the end of an 11- hour shift and view the final results
:-{

Can't say _enough_ about how this year's been going for me from Day One.
Hmmf.  Problem here... since this is the beginning of a year, a decade, a
century AND a millennium...

...which of these marks the term of my purgatory?...  :-(

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10@mindspring.com