Re: apisto behavior

I've seen this tank too. I don't remember seeing the Apistos in with the
piranhas... last I recall seeing a severum-looking thing (back then I
wasn't so good at fish ID lol). What I did notice is that one piranha has
only one eye...

My favorite tank there is the central-american cichlid tank with the
alligator gars just "next door" to the piranha tank. There's usually a
few pairs with fry in there... (I know, they're not Apistogramma, but
they're cichlids, and to me cichlids are cichlids and I love them all
:-)). That tank is fun to watch.

I don't go to Steinhart a lot any more, so I don't know much about their
tanks... but I go to the SFAS (San Francisco Aquarium Society) there
(almost) every month...

William

P.S. The "Mud Bank" tank down the hall (with the giant shark catfish,
redtail catfish, and "real" gouramis) has some tiny convict cichlids on
the bottom. You have to look closely to see them!

Please visit our website at
homestead.juno.com/jgarden2000/aquaria.html