Re: Ram Spawn - Gold x wild

In a message dated 4/20/2001 1:36:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
Dickenshed@aol.com writes:

I just got done feeding my fish and noticed a nice little spawn, about 30-40
fry, of rams in one of my community tanks. It is a Gold x wild (actual wild
fish-not F1). The question is, is the gold color recessive? or what can I
expect as far as coloratrion of the fry. Also, they seem much smaller than
the Apito. cruzi fry I had a few weeks back-can these newly free-swimming
ram
fry take BBS? I think they can, but wanted the input of those who have some
experience with them.

In my experience, the frys are a mix of both color types.  They'll take bbs
readily.

Willie