Re: The problem with apistos

Heh I have seen both sides of the floridae. I have
never seen them harm a plant, but they will hold their
own in a cichlid tank. Mine spawned amidst some really
nasty tank mates despite the males being a bit
tattered. I think the floridae did all the tattering.

I really want to try more of this fish. I wonder if it
is the location that they are from. The ones at the
store were all rough customers. I watched them harass
kribs, dwarf frogs and young severums. Anything that
moved was a target for the males in there. I had hoped
that a 6 foot tank with tons of cover would dilute
this, but apparently not. Makes you wonder how such
fish manage to reproduce.