RE: The problem with apistos

	I have a flag fish in a 29 gallon tank. I basically use the tank as a
storage/grow out tank. The flag fish has never bothered any of the apistos
that have been in there. Right now I have some 9 week old fry in the tank to
grow out and the flag fish basically ignores them. As for Apistos being
aggressive, I must be lucky because I have never had a problem. For example,
right now I have a 37 gallon planted tank with lots of rocks and the
following cichlids in it:

1 female A. hoignei
1 female A. agassizii "Triple Red"(who just spawned today!)
1 female A. sp. "Breitbinden"
1 male A. agassizii "Blue/Yellow"
1 male A. cacatuoides "Orange Flash"
4 Blue Rams (3 male and 1 female, I think)
2 pair of A. bitaeniata

	I have a few more fish in there than I would like but I had to put them in
due to some tank switching and spawning happening and such. Anyway, I have
no problem with aggression. Every once in a while some one will chase
another for a short distance, but that is it. No one even has any torn fins!
Maybe it is because I have so many different types, the aggression is spread
out? As some one before mentioned, it probably has a lot to do with the
individuals and the environment.
	The only problem I have had is that I have a male A. sp. "Papagei" that
will kill any new dither fish I add into the tank. The ones that were there
before he was, he leaves alone, if I add any new pencil fish or hatchet
fish, he kills the newcomer. Just my two cents, and a little bit of the
other side of the story...

Eric