De: Rich Grenfell <rgrenfell@snet.net>
A: apisto@listbox.com
Date: 21/06/01
Objet: Fish TB?

I suspect that I may have it in one of my tanks. The
suspect fish are
displaying darkened spots about the face and fins.
The coloration of
these spots is dark grey to black, and are about 1/8
- 1/4 inch in
diameter.
Some are round, and others oblong, and sometimes they
occur in clusters.
They are not raised nor do they look like sores. In
fact they look like
normal scale coloration to me. However, I know that
they are not normal
coloration for these fish (Nanacara anomala and
Laetacara dorsigerus,
and several species of apistos). Something else I
noticed, is that they
will lighten at times, and also will sometimes go
away? The fish are
otherwise healthy, showing good coloration and eating
well. the reason I
suspect, is because I was reading an old fish book
(1967) that says that
these types of afflictions are signs of the disease.

Questions:

Is this indeed a sign of this disease?

Do i need to worry about exposure to myself?

What can I do about it?

Do I need to worry about contaminating my other
tanks? Or is this a fish
to fish thing?

Any help you might offer is greatly appreciated!

Be well,
  Rich

or get help,

You too can have your own email address from Eurosport.
http://www.eurosport.com