Re: nitrates in my tank

From: Colin
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 8:59 AM

> I've found that the Water Hyacinth is an astonishingly
> good nitrate remover, I know that it's virtues are sung
> by those ecologists who would like to see more natural
> methods of water purification for humans...

I've mentioned this before:

Go to a site like http://www.google.com/ and pull a Web search on
"Wetlands". You'll find a whole LIST of plants detailing their effectiveness
at removing or absorbing a wide range of compounds, heavy metals, etc. that
are or have been researched for the reclamation of water sheds...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10@mindspring.com