Re: feeding of A. nijsseni

My nijsseni (I have a pair over 2 years old now) & panduro live & breed
eating flakes, pellets, frozen brine shrimp, & live baby brine shrimp. I
definitely do not feed tubifex (red or black). I've just heard too many
horror stories about apistos coming down with nasty diseases after they get
started eating tubifex.  I've never found my apistos to be very picky eaters.
Based on limited exams of stomach contents in the wild, apistos consume
mostly plant detritus, but this is thought to be a byproduct of eating insect
larvae & crustaceans as their main source of food. Worms are nearly
nonexistent in their natural diet, it seems. Are your fish new & haven't
eaten well since you got them, or are they some that you've had for a while &
then just decided to stop eating?