[Fwd: BOUNCE apisto@admin.listbox.com: Approval required:]

Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:51:25 -0600
From: Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@bewellnet.com>
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: Beginner with Apistos

David,

A. borellii is a very good apisto to start with. They stay small, so a 10 will
work well for a pair. Just make sure that there are 1 or 2 hiding places for each
borellii. Water chemistry isn't as important as for many other apistos, but they
still do better in soft to slightly hard water with a pH on the slightly acid
side.

I have just one question. Where did you find a freshwater species of Cladophora?
This genus of macroalgae does have some freshwater species, but I've never heard
of them being available for the freshwater aquarium. I'd be interested to learn
how they fare in your tank.

Mike Wise