[Fwd: BOUNCE apisto@admin.listbox.com: Approval required:]

Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 13:15:07 -0600
From: Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@bewellnet.com>
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: feeding of A. nijsseni

Bob,

I don't use small dither fish with nijsseni-group fish. They tend to pair off
and then damage or kill most other fish that venture into their territory. I
did have an extra female nijsseni in with the pair for a long time but she
finally got beat up and I had to remove her to another tank. I try to keep
the temperature at 26ºC/79ºF. At a higher temperature of 29ºC/84ºF you tend
to get more males (75-95% males depending on pH - according to Römer). If you
want a 50/50 ratio, then try lowering the temp with plastic bags of ice. This
way the temp lowers but the water doesn't mix with the tank water. Once the
ice has melted just throw the bag back into the freezer and refreeze  the
water.

Mike Wise