Re: crenacara filamentosa

The time when I had filamentosa spawn I was amazed because the water near
neutral and I was not doing anything to reduce the hardness.  However, an
interesting point David made is the use of plants.  I had the fish in
lightly stocked, heavily planted 40 breeder tank.  This is the best tank I
have ever had for plant growth (CO2 injection) and whenever I would do a
water change you could watch streams of O2 bubbles coming from any damaged
leaves.  Even though I used CO2 whenver I measured the pH it was near 7.

I only had 1-2 spawns hatch but every 2 weeks had at least one pair spawn
for a long time.  Anytime there were eggs they were always on pennywort.