Re: crenacara filamentosa

I think you would be surprised at what cardinals will
breed in. I saw ghost shrimp eat cardinal fry in my
125. It is tap water only! Tons of plants and lots of
light (for a couple of days till the jungle mutes it
out). I was stuned to see the tiny little fry, but
then again I only saw them very briefly before they
got eaten (I had just noticed it when it got munched).
It had to be a cardinal since it was too small and too
clear to be a platy, which is the only other fish
in the tank of breeding age at the time.

--- Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@bewellnet.com>