Re: panduro

Joe,

I don't have the opportunity to test this, since my water is naturally soft
and quickly becomes slightly acidic. Apistos, however, are amazingly adaptable
fish so I wouldn't be surprised if A. panduro could be kept in slightly
alkaline (pH<8), hard water. I've kept Cardinal Tetras alive in such water for
months so why not A. panduro? Just be aware that these fish, like the
cardinals that I kept, will not be as colorful, shorter lived, and are more
susceptible to diseases and parasites than if kept in their preferred water
conditions.

Mike Wise