Re: OT but important to aquarists

Mike,
  You'd be suprised at how harmless the comments were that caused this
lawsuit.  Any of the flame wars (especially the last one about idle
chat on the list) are way worse than what was said on the Aquatic
Plants List, in my opinion (I better be carefull what I say or I'll be
added to the suit).

Mike Wise wrote:
"I find this hard to believe! If true, and I assume it is, I find this
very
disturbing thought for any internet list member. It will suppress the
free
communication of opinions that these lists are so good at. My question
is,
unless the defendants were maliciously out to destroy the plaintiff's
reputation/business with false statements, how could one's personal
opinions
be considered defamation? I find it hard to believe that one's opinion
can be
compromised in this way. Anyway, it does make one stop and think.
Fortunately
the apisto list doesn't go into character assassination to any extent.

Mike Wise"

=====
J. Miller
Edmonton, AB, Can.