Re: Local Pet stores(was:Stores in San Jose area)

Hello all, I am new to the list and live in northeastern CT, it tool quite a
bit of searching to find a pair of apistos around here. All of the fish store
would say that they occasionally get some, but they never had any that I saw.
Eventually I located some in Mass at Uncle Neds but most of the prices were
pretty steep about $20 per apisto. Neds does have a decent selection and I
did purchase some belems and borellis for about $11 a fish which seems like a
decent price. Anyway I was at another LFS the other day and I found a 2 tanks
with apistos dirt cheap. One tank was labeled assorted and the others were
supposedly ortmanni, which from the research that I have done is probably not
the case. Needless to say i could not resist so i bought most of them and got
a discount off the less than $3 price. I have know idea what they are yet as
most are very small and still a little nervous in the tank. Does anyone know
any other stores in the New England area that might have a decent selection
of apistos?

My fish history is rather limited I had fish for a few years as a kid and
have over the past few years really been bit by the fish bug. I am really
into SA fish especially apistos and armored catfishes. I have spawned the
borellii only although my belems are soon to follow(today hopefully). Also
does anyone have any info on the belems?

Greg