Re: apisto V1 #802

Hi ,

My name is Ray Ravary and I've been a journeyman for over 20 years.  I saw the
post on teflon tape. I work as a pipefitter in the automotive industry. In our
plant (1-1/2 miles long X 3/4 of a mile wide) white teflon tape from 3M and
other companies is used on vacuum lines, gas lines, and all type of fluid
fittings. The thing you have to watch out for is that bits of the tape don't
come off and cause blockages down stream. These pieces can plug orfices or get
caught across a valve seat preventing it from closing. If you have any plumbing
questions feel free to contact me.

R3