Re: Apisto agassizi spawning question

I don't know, it sounds to me like your agassizi
may have spawned already. Those behaviors(as
well as the male's sudden healthy fear of the
female) and visual indicators are pretty commonly
associated with a pair that has spawned.

Male agassizi don't usually have much to do with
brood care after spawning, and will usually spawn
with multiple females if given the opportunity. The
females will often violently chase the male away
and possibly injure him if there isn't enough
space.