Re: How many apistos?

Havne't had killies with Apistos but I have tried with
West Africans. Epiplatys and Aplocheilus worked fine.
Neither of these predators are suited in a breeding tank
though but I experimented with a biotope tank. Added
juvenile Epiplatys to my 540L. During the night I heard
smacking and in the morning all Epis were gone, eaten by
the juv Chromidotilapias, go figure.

Some Rivulus may work but they aren't very "social". Some
of the Aphyosemions (Chromaphyosemion) bivittatum-group
species should work fine. Lamp-eyes are a tip also.

Your water seems fine. Don't do anything unless you need
to, it's too much work to work against nature. Most
Apistos will be fine in that water, most of them will
breed successfully in it as well. A. cacatuoides and eunotus
are found in waters with varying pH so they aren't too picky.

/Fredrik

--
Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se
Flutter and Loads Department,  Saab Ab