Re: CO2 Usage Question

Title: Re: CO2 Usage Question
Wow,
we must be dealing with the same guy. I just bought 10 more 20 longs but, I paid 6.00 each. Hehehe...can't beat it. I'm doing it with box filters and sponges too. But, there's something to be said for the old fashion way. Although I cheat a little with TDS meter and hopefully a pH meter. I'm so tired of doing all them test by hand. That's what I wanted to ask someone. What's a conductivity meter and is it good to have?

I'm 99% sure that a TDS meter is a conductivity meter.  The difference is that it does some math to the conductivity reading to change the units, but mechanically they're the same exact gadget measuring the exact same water parameter.

I got a TDS/pH combo meter for $100 that was just awful.  The company took it back and upgraded me to the $180 version, and that thing is fantastic.  I love it.  I just can't remember the model names of the two different meters.  I'll think about it and repost.

So where are you guys getting these cheap tanks?  I want 4 more 55's, but they're $80 at the pet store.  Plus lights, heaters, stands, etc...
--

Brian Ahmer
ahmer.1@osu.edu