Re: sponge filters

Cameron,

The Hydro sponge filter box says HS II is for a 20
gallon tank.  I happened to have a Hydro sponge IV in
one of the 20L breeding tanks.  The tank is heavily
planted and the residents (A. borellii) seem to be
really happy, multiplying like crazy.  Another heavily
planted 20L has a Tetra's brilliant filter sized for a
20 gallon tank.  Each filters is driven by a small size
air pump.  I really don't see any difference between
the two tanks.

Hope this helps,

Tomoko