Taeniacara candidi

I just aquired 2 nice pairs of T. candidi{at a local auction for 7.00 for
the bag..no one kew what they were..The auctineer said the were a west
african riverine cichlid and nobody bid on them}Well I was excited to see
them on the table and was willing to drop some money on them as I wanted
these for awhile....also picked up 6 other bags of 8 fry of different
species of apistos..what a day..any ways can anyone give me any info on the
candidi's as to the best water conditions and any trade secrets to maintain
these delicate fish..my water paramters are ph 6.0 hardness is about 20 ppm
temp 80 degrees water is filtered through peat ..tank has bog wood and black
sand and heavily planted and slate rock formations creating caves.oh it is a
20 long...it also contains cardinal tetras and some african tetras called
Ladigesia roloffi..I have read all the info in the dwarf cichlids books and
now looking for the hands on advice...Thank You all for all the help in the
past .Lots of great people here and the knowledge gained from them is far
better than anything you can read..Theory is good the experiment is where
all the fun begins..

Al
alsmith1@mindspring.com