Re: Discus was water hardness

Actually discus will still spawn in hard water but the
eggs are not able to hatch due to calcium uptake in
the chorion layer of the egg. Discus will be better
off in moderately hard water and I know folks who
raise their fry in liquid rock. THey all claim that
the babies are growing faster and healthier in the
hard water. Change them over to soft when you are
ready for them to spawn.