From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Scott
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 5:46 AM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: drip method

THe guy who came up with this is the guy that invented
Amquel and Ammo-lock. He spoke at one of our meetings
and he is extremely knowledgeable about chemistry. I
remember his initials were JFK or something similar
but for the life of me I cannot remember is name. IT
does make total sense though. He also talked about the
myth of pH shock. I will tell you this, when I first
heard this idea was when Amquel was first released,
the store I worked at used a method of adding tank
water to the bags to acclimate fish. After speaking
with him we switched to removing the fish from the
water they were in entirely and just dumping htem in
the tank. We experienced a dramatic decrease in deaths
of fish in the first 24 hours. I have used that method
ever since with every type of fish imaginable and have
had no problems with it.