Re: Levamisole treatment

Thanks for the reply steve.

The worms are certainly not the type of nematodes that are resident on the
aquarium glass etc. They are protruding from the anus of the two angels,
about 1mm diameter, semi translucent / white and up to 100mm in length.
Since the worms appeared yesterday, both fish have stopped eating. They dont
break off in sections, but as whole lengths.

Yup, bloodworm are red mosquito larvea - I generally feed frozen  bloodworms
( in adition to many other frozen foods + dried foods) for maintenance and
conditioning. For live food I mainly stick to white worms ( allthough I
currently dont have any)/ brine shrimp (adult and newly hatched for smaller
fish), however local stores stock live bloodowrm, which the fish have
occasionaly recieved to add a little variety. I have never fed live
tubifex,mas I am quite aware of the dangers, I stick to me gamma iraditaed
frozen food. I have now stopped feeding live bloodworms. Over here "black
worms" anre a form of black mosquito larvea, not Limnodrilus worms, or not
that I have seen marketed in the last 17 years.

What do people reccomend feeding to  appisto's other than dried food?

I appear to have sporadic outbreaks of disease thats hard to cure, such as
these worms and the still "unknown" appisto problems, in well kept tanks
with good water conditions. It is getting rather infuritaing that on one
hand I can keep and breed fish at the harder end of the scale ( wild discus,
choclate gouramis, wild caught corydoras etc) but appear to loose fish such
as my appistos / angels through no diagnosed problems, and not much I can do
about it. I may just be picking at straws, but the live blood worm is the
only thing I can think of. I would dearly love some really nice appistos,
after looking at some of the lesss common fish that are out there, but
untill Ican find the cause of these problems.

Chris