RO or Ion-Exchange Resins??

I am thinking of buying a RO. After having been around a few places, I was told by one seller that Ion-Exchange Resins also work to soften the water and is a lot cheaper. I wonder what is the difference the two and, in my case, would just an Ion-Exchage Resin good enough for my apistos?

I have been using Tetra KH/pH Minus alone with my local tap water. I'd like to move on to the next step!

Arthit
Bangkok, Thailand.
--

Get free e-mail @thailand.com and more. Visit thailand.com for everything you need to know about Thailand. http://www.thailand.com.
"Comprehensive Thai Insights for the World."